Bingham Farms, MI, USA — orbitak International, LLC announces its plans to host and facilitate GPMC 2016: Globalized Project Management Competence conference. The event will be held on April 13 and 14, 2016 at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, MI to address the challenges of Globalized Project Management, educational competencies and certification, and to discuss innovative approaches and successful solutions to complex projects.
Companies in a global economy face many demands and challenges in product portfolio management. This requires professional innovation, mature leadership and intercultural competence to succeed in the international workplace. All of these topics and more will be discussed at the conference by a panel of international experts from China, India, Germany and the UK as well as local companies.
The conference is targeted for business leaders who manage international projects; are in the automotive, manufacturing, IT or health care fields; oversee projects in multiple cultures; are responsible for increasing project management knowledge, standards and competencies in their companies as they operate in a global economy.
Speakers at the event and their areas of expertise currently include:
- Dr. Daw Al-Werfalli, Lawrence Technological University, will relate how educational providers are cooperating with industry to deliver requested project management competencies
- Dr. Anbang Qi, IPMA Research Board Chair, IPMA – China, will speak on China’s approach to project management
- Dr. Rajat K. Baisya, international project management expert, will discuss successful project management in India
- Bernd Beyer, Vice President, Product and Project Management, Volkswagen Group of America, will speak to the dilemma that foreign companies encounter in the US of having the right product in the right market with professional project management
- Dr. Joel Carboni, President of IPMA-USA, will discuss international trends in PM competence – the model of the ICB4 ( the IPMA Competence Baseline)
- David Clements, Director of Continuous Improvement, Brose, will focus on how the company is mastering the challenge of global project management careers and competencies
- Dr. Mary McKinley, International Center Of Complex Project Management, will address global requirements and establishing successful global teams
- Kurt Meador, VP Engineering at Hella, will relate the company’s experiences in harmonizing intercultural aspects and project needs in a global project portfolio
- Dr. Gerhard Roth, University of Bremen, will address stress and burn out in a global project world – mechanisms, indicators and management strategies
- Dr. Miles Shepherd, Vice President of the Association for Project Management, United Kingdom, will focus on improving quality in global projects and portfolio management
- Dr. Eric Svaan, Professor of Operations Management, University of Michigan, will discuss the benefits and detriments to industry of providing PM certificates as part of university education
- Chris Svensson, Design Director – the Americas, Ford Motor Company, will address Ford’s approach to global car design projects
- Bruno Welsch, CEO and President of Dürr USA, will address managing the global context within the program management team
- Dr. Thomas Baumann, CEO and President of orbitak International LLC will lead a panel discussion about successful industry initiatives to manage the complexity and demands of the global project business world
The Detroit Society of Human Resource Management, Engineering Society of Detroit, International Project Management Association (IPMA-USA), KM Fest, Lawrence Technological University, Oakland County Economic Development and Community Affairs Department, and VDI are partnering with orbitak for this event. For event registration, go to www.globalpm2016.eventbrite.com . For questions or additional information, contact Kim Rovinski, Event Manager, at email@example.com or call 248-990-3054.